Recently I’ve been involved in a number of Oracle Intelligent Advisor projects where the core customer experience platform was Salesforce. It is not surprising that customers who choose to use this CX platform turn to Oracle Intelligent Advisor for their interactive interviews, decision services and other features, since there is no comparable tool within the Salesforce ecoystem that compares to the power of Oracle Intelligent Advisor.
Salesforce and Oracle Intelligent Advisor : Integration
Building a connection between the two applications appears, on a surface level, to be a straightforward affair. After all, we have a Web Service Connector architecture available in the Hub for such situations. However, digging a little deeper indicates that to build out a complete solution for the integration is costly in terms of time and money. There are a number of challenges both functional and technical:
- Preserving the standard Oracle Policy Modeling mapping experience.
- The interview should be aware of ALL objects within Salesforce.
- The interview should function in all types of end-user application within Salesforce, in Experience sites (portals) and on the Mobile App, without any further work.
- Add a new Interview with no technical knowledge, simply drag and drop a visual component.
- Offer all the features of the Connector architecture – Load, Save, ExecuteQuery, GetCheckpoint and SetCheckpoint. Retrieve and use the Lists of Values in the Salesforce application.
- Handle attachments and hierarchies of objects and complex data structures.
- No work should be required in an integration server or other technical engine – the process should be transparent
Customers who are embarking on this journey need also to be able to manage these areas of their integration:
- Upgrades and enhancements as the Connector API evolves in Oracle Intelligent Advisor
- Timely support response to questions and issues with the integration
- Security from end to end of the integration
When faced with this sort of list of requirements, obviously there are options ranging from the custom, do-it-yourself hand-coded solution in Java to a large-scale custom-built solution with an integration server in the middle (either Oracle Integration Cloud or another platform). Even so, getting the integration to be completely generic, able to handle any interview, locale or page / application type is a very tall order.
Salesforce and Oracle Intelligent Advisor : Kolevate Sofia
So I am delighted to say that for the past few months I have had the immense pleasure of talking with Koltevate, a company specializing in innovative solutions with a bullet-proof background in Salesforce and Oracle Intelligent Advisor. Their Sofia platform ticks all those boxes. it provides a seamless, SaaS-style solution to the problem. You plug in and play. Your Salesforce data becomes accessible to your Interview just as it should. And the Lightning Web Component works in any context – a standard App, and Experience site or a Mobile App.
The Sofia platform is currently in a very active Beta phase with a number of beta customers already up and running. If your organization is a customer of Salesforce and Oracle Intelligent Advisor and you want to learn more about the Koltevate Sofia integration, then please reach out – leave a comment and we will ensure you get the information you need and if you would like to engage on the Beta program then we will explain how to join and what is required.
This is a real ground-breaker. The users of Salesforce can now leverage the power of Oracle Intelligent Advisor and their CX platform – with exciting new opportunities for better, more personalized service and the power of Oracle Intelligent Advisor determinations anywhere in their organization or in front of their customers.
We’ve got a lot more to come on this subject – so stay tuned and get involved!