In the third of our ongoing series (custom Labels was the first part, custom Inputs the second part) , the video at the end of this article tries to give a good overview of what a custom Options Extension is used for in an Intelligent Advisor Interview. More specifically, it looks at the following topics :
- The basic layout of the custom Options Extension code and how to quickly generate a sample using the Code Generator.
- The basic structure of the Array that you need to create for your Options Extension.
- The unique structure of the custom Options Extension, compared to the standard Input.
- We look at how to leverage other API features such as the interview.fetch() function or a plain old Ajax call in your Options Extension.
- Finally we check out the idea of returning Null in the first instance in order to take advantage of a built-in spinner so that the user is aware that things are “not ready yet”
Extensions like these, when used appropriately , can enhance the user experience in Interviews. We should of course be careful to not overstep the bounds of what is permitted in our Extensions – we should never try and change the outcome of a determination – but we sure can make it look a lot more attractive.
The video is also available on our Youtube Channel if you prefer to watch it there in full screen. Just click on the image below:
PS – Did you know – we have just released a Temporal Reasoning Class online.