In the fourth of our ongoing series (custom Labels was the first part, custom Inputs the second part and custom Options the third part) , the video at the end of this article tries to give a good overview of what a custom Search Extension is used for in an Intelligent Advisor Interview. More specifically, it looks at the following topics :
- How the Search Extension is different to most other extensions.
- The step-by-step things you need to do in your Search extension so it complies with the API.
- The pitfalls of the custom Search.
- We look at how to leverage other extensions working together (perhaps two custom Inputs or other extensions) to create what may be seen as better or more user-friendly search interfaces.
- Finally we look at the Code Generator and how it can help you create a Search Extension (either a canned, preconfigured one or from scratch).
Extensions like these, when used appropriately , can enhance the user experience in Interviews. We should of course be careful to not overstep the bounds of what is permitted in our Extensions – we should never try and change the outcome of a determination – but we sure can make it look a lot more attractive.
The video is also available on our Youtube Channel if you prefer to watch it there in full screen. Just click on the image below:
PS – Did you know – we have just released a Temporal Reasoning Class online.